Wednesday, December 30, 2015

September

In September we starting traveling a bit more. We had a camping trip in the beginning of the month on Labor Day weekend. We went to Tahoe which was beautifulllllllllll. Steve, Amanda and I drove up to meet up with Jay and Jen and an old high school friend whom I hadn't seen in many years, April. The trip consisted of a lot of food, fires and BEES. YUCK! The bees definitely tried to ruin our trip especially when one stung me (curse you stupid bee!) There were a lot of little details that made this trip amazing like how you could see every single star in the sky, it was so unreal. I think it was our last night when most of us had gone to bed and Steve and I heard Jay yelling that a bear was going to get him. I believe he was stuck in his sleeping bag and couldn't get unstuck...there was wine involved also. Last weekend of September was Oktoberfest in SF. We met up with Jen, Rose and Artie. All I have to say about this is FRICKLES. If you haven't had frickles, go have some! It is fried pickles and they are delicious. Somehow even though I did not get anything to drunk, I was pretty...drunk. A sip here and a sip there, you know... Anyway, afterwards Steve, Jen and I went and played bowling. There was more drinking...I think this is common for Oktoberfest. In the midst of all of this, we had our one year anniversary (from our city hall wedding). We had been on a 5 week low carb diet, but you knooooow we need them carbs to celebrate! So we wanted to recreate our celebration from that day by getting a cannoli, which is what we did after we got hitched. Little did we know, there are NO cannoli in San Francisco that day. We searched and searched until we found a bakery with tiramisu...not the same, but hey, it's carbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment