Wednesday, December 30, 2015

October

Beginning of October was our second first wedding anniversary. Again, determined to find cannoli which we did! Amen! October picked up the traveling adventures. At the beginning of October, I went down to San Diego to visit my work and surprise one of my old coworkers on her last day. It was amazing to see her reaction and to catch up with people there. I stayed with one of my old housemates from SD, Courtnee. She's the cutest person and I adore her, so I loved catch up with her and checking out her new place. We got brunch, went to the beach and walked around her neighborhood with her boo, BriBri. After some much needed heart to hearts, I came back to SD. Steve had another work trip in NY this month, so OF COURSE I joined in on the fun. What was amazing about this trip is SO many things fell into place and we were able to accomplish a lot. We got in on a Friday, and the next day we traveled to NJ to see my really awesome friends Kate and Frank whom I hadn't seen since the wedding....but before that, it had been like 5 years! Anyway, they were moving to England, so there was a goodbye party at Frank's parents' house. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN! These were some of the nicest, coolest, funniest people ever. I am so glad we got to hang out with them and see K&F before they left <3 The next day we went to see some family that lives in Brooklyn - Steve's first cousin Amy, her husband Nat and their beyond adorable 1 year old Dylan. We met up at their apartment and hung out for a bit, then we had some deep fried donuts with chicken at a nearby place. Always a good time hanging out with them! At night went to meet up with some of our friends (John, Cayla, Michael, Ryan and Arion) at The Finch, the restaurant where my brother works who had just received a Michelin Star. The food was so delicious and of course, we got the best surprise b/c our waiter was no other than the best, K :) When we were done, he told me to go meet his gf Deanna who was working at a place nearby. Of course I went and of course I scared her, but crisis was averted once we hung out and she realized we're not stalkers :) What else, what else - we worked during the week, but another exciting weekend approached quickly. On Friday, I met up with one of my favorite people Emilie to see her try on wedding dresses. That was awesome and no surprise she looked amazing in everything she tried on b/c she's also one of the most beautiful people I know :) After that, Steve and I met up and took the train to CT where we met Steve's parents and joined them on the way to Boston. Boston was a ton of fun too. We got to see our adorable nieces and celebrate Steve's mom's birthday. Emma and Claire (our nieces) helped us decorate and surprise her at their house. We also got to carve pumpkins and eat delicious tapas :) After a long week on the East Coast, we made it home safe and sound...just in time to become gym zombies for Halloween the following weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment