Thursday, May 14, 2015
March
I am failing at this miserably, but I am going to try and catch up nonetheless.
March was pretty much the craziest month ever. Steve was in NYC for about 3 weeks and I went to visit for a few days of that. The trip there was a bit rough for me especially since I had to log into work the same day. I boarded the plane and two hours later they told us there was a problem with the plane so we had to get off and get on another flight. I think I ended up crying to my boss on the phone b/c I just had a bit too much that night. Never again am I flying a red eye and planning to work that day. Anyway, this trip was super busy but SUPER FUN! The first night Steve and I went to visit Amy (Steve's first cousin), her husband Nat and our favorite little baby boy, baby Dylan. He stole my heart the first time I met him, when he fell asleep on my shoulder after a few minutes of holding him. Anyway, Amy had a snow day so she made us some really delicious pasta.
On the 6th of March, K and I went to get massages while Steve was at work. This was fun! We were put in two small rooms next to each other and I remember having anxiety the whole time b/c I really wanted K to have an amazing experience. I love massages and I wanted him to love them too. He said it wasn't "life changing" but it was still good :) Then we met up with Steve at his favorite sandwich place in NYC, which he has been telling me about for forever. Gosh, it was so yummy! Then we walked for a bit and separated from Steve b/c he had to go back to work. K and I walked around a park in the snow. BTW I was so unprepared for this trip - all I had for shoes was my leather boots and leather and snow...well you get the point. It was fun nonetheless, just a little cold. Then K and I went to get some tea/coffee, and we ran into a girl he was sort of into. I told him he had to introduce me so she didn't think we were dating or something (2 months later, we know she was dating the guy she was with so that was all lost energy). Anyway, I split up from K and got lost on the subway (I won't go into it). That night, we took out Emilie and Matt who had just gotten engaged on Valentine's Day. We went to a restaurant under the same owner as the restaurant K worked at, so the manager from that restaurant called and told them to treat us well. WELL, that meant free drinks and free dessert, which was AMAZING. Then we headed over to visit K at his restaurant and from there we went to grab a drink with K just down the street, but Matt and Emilie had to catch the train back to Jersey. What a fun night!
The next day we headed over to Long Island to see the family and surprise one of our friends for her surprise birthday party! This was just an awesome coincidence b/c we got to see most everyone we love! The next day we saw some more family and headed back to the city. On that day (Sunday), we got to celebrate another engagement, our friends' John and Cayla who had gotten engaged in Hawaii just a couple of months back. We had some delicious food and then went to a bar where we enjoyed some free popcorn and great conversation. We love those guys!
Oh, AND we got asked to be in both weddings! I'll be a bridesmaid in Em&Matts and Steve will be a groomsman in John&Cayla's!
Now here to the best part of the trip. On Monday I worked from the hotel room so I couldn't do much, and Steve showed up early from work and brought me back some samples of our wedding cakes! I never really got to eat the cake at our wedding b/c I was too busy busting a move and loving on friends, so Steve decided to bring me some from the bakery we got ours from. It was so sweet! Literally and figuratively :)
The traveling doesn't end here.
The same week I came back from NYC, I flew down to San Diego for work. It was a ton of fun to see my coworkers and my dear friend Shayna and her brother Matthew.
Needless to say, Steve and I were both pretty exhausted by the end of March but we had just one more trip to make! My second cousins live in LA and my aunt had just turned 50 on March 11th, but her party was at the end of the month, so we were able to make it! We flew down to LA and celebrated with some good friends and my favorite little cousins! We had a ton of fun dancing too! I think I was sore the next day.
Welp that was March! Damn!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment