Wednesday, August 12, 2015

June&July

Steve and I decided that after so much traveling nonstop for 5 months we ought to take a break. June and July were both spent in San Francisco, doing lots of local things. In the beginning of June, we went to PaintNite with our friends Jen and Jay. This was a ton of fun. We drew an owl on a tree, and let's just say my owl was not the most attractive. The following weekend was Jay's birthday. A few of us got together and hung out in Redwood City to celebrate the day of Jay. On the 19th, we also went to see an awesome play called Trouble Cometh at the SF Playhouse. We've been going to see plays there for quite sometime and we love it! The weekend of the 26th's was a busy one. On the 26th, we went to an Elton Sing-Along by the San Francisco Gay Men's Choir. It just so happened that this was the same day the Supreme Court ruled marriage equality to be the law of the land! It was such a fun day/night. The next day, we had a super fun BBQ where just about all of our friends in SF came over and we had a night full of laughter, eating and drinking. My high school friend Amanda who now lives in SF brought over this beer called Dead Guy Ale (Rogue) and I may like it a little too much. In the beginning of July, my mom came to visit, so we packed on a ton of stuff in just 3 days. First we took my mom to the Exploratorium, where we spent a few hours probably. That stuff is like Heaven for my mom. It's all just a bunch of educational things :) The second day, we went to Napa, which was not the best idea of something to do on July 3rd b/c it took us a good 4 hours to get there. On the way, we got some In&Out b/c my mom has never had it before. I think she liked it :) We ended up going to just one winery (V. Sattui). This was the first wine tasting my mom had ever been to and the first one I had been to with her. It was a ton of fun and the folks at the winery gave lots of free tastings. Needless to say, we bought a lot of wine. On the 4th, we drove up to Point Reyes where I was determined we would have some oysters. It was another round of driving, but it was totally worth it. Point Reyes is beautiful. We walked to the lighthouse, took some pictures, enjoyed the views and headed over to get some oysters. We went to Hog Island Oyster Co, which is a pretty popular spot for oysters. I still think the best oysters we've had were on Catalina Island, but Hog Island's bbq oysters were pretty legit. Other fun events in July included a baseball game (Giants vs Mets) where in typical fashion Steve and I rooted for opposing teams (not that I care that much about baseball, but it's fun to compete with him) and we also got to go to The Tourist Club's Sommerfest with Artie and Rose. This was a fun day in Muir Woods full of "hiking", drinking, eating and eating more. On the way back to the car, we played "guess the song". Basically one of us would sing a part of a song, and the rest of us had to figure out the name and the artist....we might have ended up singing I'm a Barbie Girl ... and we might have gotten some looks. I believe one of the people who walked past us asked what decade he was in? :) I would like to say that we also went to an Improv show, but we never actually made it b/c...San Francisco and b/c...Parking...and b/c Steve might have almost lost it driving around Valencia St...maybe next time. This has also been the summer of movies, we've seen just about every popular movie to come out this summer : Jurassic World, Minions, Trainwreck, Inside Out, etc... I wish my posts were more in depth, but I am so bad about doing this in a timely manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment