Wednesday, February 4, 2015

January

Steve and I welcomed the New Year in a pretty old couple and boring way. We went out for dinner at a cute place in our neighborhood called Noeteca. Then we came home and cleaned. Our apartment has been a complete disaster b/c we had 2 of every piece of furniture and my old housemate Rose had been staying with us for a bit. So we cleaned and then I got drunk off of 3 sips of wine and passed out. Poor Steve thought he was going to have to welcome the New Year alone, but thankfully I woke up just in time :) I went to Florida for a few days after b/c my mom's birthday is on January 7th and I didn't want her to be alone. We hung out for a few days and then I had a couple of days to myself. I drove around Daytona Beach and later met up with a friend of mine from Palm Coast. We found my incredibly old Backstreet Boys memorabilia stash! That was fun! :) January really just flew by. For Martin Luther King's weekend, we went to Vegas. Now mind you, I really dislike Vegas, but I got a really good deal on the hotel. $200 for 4 days/3 nights at Hilton, if we sat through a timeshare presentation. They gave us 200 dollars on them, a free dinner and a show AND 10k points on my Hilton account. We also got some coupons for the Cosmopolitan at the end of our flight, so we were set! It was SUPER hot, and coming from SF, neither Steve or I brought summer clothes. Nonetheless, we spent our first day hanging out and doing some light gambling. We also went to see Cirque du Soleil - The Beatles WHICH WAS AMAZING! On Sunday, we had our timeshare presentation and then we went to do a little more light gambling...let's just say whatever I won, Steve lost :P Then we went to our free dinner and free show. The show we picked was called "V" and it was a variety show. So funny! They called Steve out on stage and I thought that was the funniest thing ever! He had to wear a mask along with 3 other guys. At the end, they all had to compete by blowing up 3 balloons, sitting on and popping one at a time. Steve, unlike all the other guys, would blow up the balloon and then try to tie it and THEN sit on it. He was the last person and he had no idea what was going on, so everyone was staring at him trying to tie his balloon. Omg! I thought I was going to pee myself I was laughing so hard. On the last day of January, we invited some of our new and old friends over for a game night. A girl I know from high school just moved into the area as well as my coworker's son and his gf (it really is a small world, b/c we actually met them at the google party - her son also works for google!), so I invited them over as well as some of our friends from Steve's undergrad in NY. It was a blast! I think we went to bed at like 130am, which for us old people is pretty lateeee! Anyway, I will try to add some pictures here and make it a bit more exciting to read, but this is it for now! Excited what the next month will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment